Babak Larian is a highly experienced, board certified Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialist and Head & Neck surgeon. He graduated with academic and humanitarian distinction, from UC Irvine School of Medicine. In 2002 after completing a 6-year residency program in Ear, Nose, & Throat (otolaryngology) and Head & Neck Surgery at UCLA, he began his professional career. He then went on to become a founding member and later the Director of the Cedars-Sinai Head & Neck Cancer Center of Excellence. Dr. Larian was the Chief of Head & Neck Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. He held this prestigious position from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2013.
The unique structure of his practice brings him together in the same office with a Reconstructive Surgeon so that, when needed, they may see patients jointly and address their complex needs. He is involved in research, trains other surgeons, and leads national conferences, while maintaining a private practice. This structure lets him stay at the forefront of healthcare and keep pace with rapid changes, while allowing him to maintain the close relationship that he enjoys with his patients.
The practice of medicine faces many challenges continually, yet the most important part of being a physician remains constant and that is the bond with the patients. Being a physician and a surgeon doesn’t only mean to prescribe medications or operate, but rather to treat based on a relationship and earned trust. The philosophy of our practice is to earn you and your family’s trust, and do everything we can to strengthen the bond. Dr. Larian practice has a wide range, from patients that require simple treatments with a single visit, to those that have complex problems and require long term follow up. He sees patients from the southern California region, as well as nationally & internationally due to his expertise in minimally invasive treatments of sinus, thyroid, parathyroid, salivary glands and throat disorders.
His practice of otolaryngology is very comprehensive because diseases in each area of head & neck often affect the function of multiple areas (for example tumors of the thyroid gland can cause voice and swallowing problems); as such expertise in all of head & neck is necessary to be able to fully treat patients. He is often called upon to help when other surgeons have complex patients or complications. His relationship with his colleagues is as important as that with his patients; through this strong bond patients are directed to the optimal treatment path and have the best results. We enjoy the privilege of treating patients and are honored to win their trust.
- Download Curriculum Vitae
- Academic and Clinical Appointments
- Licensure and Certificates
- Education and Surgical Training
- Charitable Causes
- Professional Society Memberships
- Academic and Clinical Appointments
World Renowned Head & Neck Surgeon
As a dedicated ear, nose, and throat surgeon, Dr. Larian is able to serve the entire Southern California area while simultaneously encouraging progress within his field through academic appointments and research.
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Assistant clinical professor of Surgery
- Division of Head and Neck Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Director of Head and Neck Cancer Center, Department of Surgery
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Director of Head and Neck Tumor Board Department of Surgery
- House Ear Clinic, Center for Facial Nerve Function
- Los Angeles Nasal & Sinus Institute, Medical Director
- HELPS International Medical Mission, Medical Director
- Medical Missions for Children, Surgical Team
- Global Smile Foundation, Surgical Team
Licensure and Certificates
- Board Certified: Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 2003
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons 2006
- Fellow of American Head & Neck Society 2007
Education and Surgical Training
Dr. Babak Larian received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine and was part of the Alpha Omega Alpha student honor society. Dr. Larian then went on to receive his surgical training in otolaryngology (head and neck surgery) at the world-renowned UCLA Medical Center.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Head & Neck Society
- American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery
- California Medical Association
- Los Angeles Society of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Contact Dr. Babak Larian
Schedule Your Consultation in Los Angeles Today
If you would like to speak with our ear, nose, and throat surgeon in Beverly Hills, serving all of Southern California, simply contact our office today to schedule an appointment.